google has released google calendar
with a rich features list –
– search support
– ‘quick add’ which i first saw in 30boxes and instantly liked it
– invitation handling.
– calendar sharing looks useful. a group of people can edit same calendar.
– gmail integration gives it the unmatched advantage. but it isnt as cool as one in zimbra.
– event publishing looks cool too.
– draging,resizing(steps of half hour) of event
– the most important feature of google calendar is going to be Calendar Data API (coming soon…)
i am in search of a good calendar from years, and was never satisfied with anything availabe. i have tried almost every calendar available. all sucked big time including one from yahoo. recently released kiko and 30boxes are good, but couldnt make me a customer. i guessed google will acquire one soon. sad for them, google has come up with its own. hopefully google competitors will need one soon and they might get lucky.
i used php icalendar so far. hope google calendar will change something.